Friday 4 March 2011

Thursday, ah Thursday.

Feeling pretty cruisy today.  I slept in, because I was simply exhausted when my alarm went off at 5am.  You need to get to bed earlier boyo.  Luckily I could sleep until 8am as work is only 15 minutes away.  Work was pretty laid back and straight forward today.  All day I could feel that tiny bit of soreness in every movement I made.  You know the feeling; it's the one that doesn't hurt, it just says, "you've been training".  Yep, all was pretty good in my world. 

I didn't have a couple of hours tonight to train, so again, I just did what I could.  I warmed up for five minutes with a brisk walk on the treadmill and then began a nice, slow, easy jog at 9.5, 4 degree incline.  I ran for thirty minutes, had a five minute walk then ran until 1000 cals showed on the treadmill.  I walked to cool down and stopped at 1100 cals burned.  I stopped my trusty polar heart rate monitor and stretched for about 20 minutes.

It was interesting to directly compare the readings between the treadmill and the HR monitor.  Treadmill said 1100 cals, Polar says 785 cals.  Hmmm.  I wonder who Mish will reckon is correct !  No doubt she'll tell me go with the Polar  . . .   

No comments:

Post a Comment