Saturday 19 February 2011

Round One

Ding ! Ding !  Round one of the 12 Week Body Transformation begins for 2011.  All I can say is "Thank Goodness".

I made amazing progress last year and have been struggling a bit with my motivation during the "off-season".  I packed on a couple of kilos over Christmas 2010 because my commitment to doing the right things by myself waivered a bit - in short I got complacent.  I had achieved my goal, completed the program and made an amazing change to my life.  

But Guess What ?  Life isn't a quick 12 week fix, drop a heap of weight and the rest is all downhill coasting.  It requires work to maintain and has to be a life long habit or ultimately, you are likely to slip back into your old ways.

So, I have to look at this as it really is - this is a lifestyle, not an event.  There will be times when I train hard to make improvements and other times when I train with less intensity to recover & make ready for the next improvement cycle.  But it's inescapable - I am in training for a major event, in fact THE most important event I'll ever do - the rest of my life.  That's the reality.

So enough talk, it's time for robot mode.

Gav, it's time to J.F.D.I.


   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment